7.31.2009

(a little) HOPE FOR (part of) AFRICA

I read this article that explains how global warming and climate change are possibly creating a regreening trend in the Sahara. Essentially, the hotter the air gets, the more moisture it can hold, the more rain falls, and the more plants can grow. Of course, it's slow, and so far debatable how this change will affect the area, I can't help but comment that even in the face of the most terrifying doomsday predictions, silver linings exist. Honestly, despite the fact that it would mean I would die, the thought that even if conditions on Earth cease to support human life, the Earth might still support some form of life or in the least continue to exist, does comfort me a bit. I don't really understand it but there it is. Anyway, read the article, tell me what you think. It's about time Africa got some good news...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog