7.30.2009

How to stay cool....

Here in the PNW, we're experiencing the hottest days ever (literally) and it's freaking people out. We're not used to it for one, so people are stressed and uncomfortable and unsure about how to deal (see title link and how to make an air conditioner below). What scares me is that while we experience record highs, the east coast experiences record lows... and we had record snow this winter... and it's all getting too weird to chalk up to cycles or anything other than climate change. I don't care what's causing it, I believe the climate is changing and I'm a bit freaked out that we won't handle that change well. However, I'm faring ok dealing with this heat. As long as you keep in mind that most people are uncomfortable just like you and things are running oddly because of the heat and just STAY CALM, it isn't so bad. Adapt. That's what you have to do. However, I don't understand how people can carry on like normal. For instance, how can people walk around in long pants and sleeves or the color black or... boots?!?!? See link (http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2009/07/29/these-people).
Also:
http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2009/07/29/1933967-hot-tip
how to make an air conditioner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog