"To be hollow with longing is to be suffused with love. The thirsty person best knows water. Wounded hearts realize the essence of healing. " (http://happydays.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/a-light-in-winter/)
I'm interested to read more of this author's work. I'm not even going to tell you his name so you'll read the article I've linked above. The buddhist idea of life being suffering was brought to mind. The idea being, suffering in life is unavoidable; it is an integral part of life. I would have to say that to a large extent, I agree with the author that we gain a greater appreciation for good in our lives when we've lived through or witnessed bad. I like that he points out that we shouldn't be AFRAID of the bad, therefore. It's tough. That's all I have right now, more later perhaps... the later that never comes... :-)
9.15.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment