I can't really say it much better than this girl whose blog I've linked in the title... we all need to use the phone more. We've all missed tone in a text or email or misread something or ... whatever, point being, if face time isn't available, fine, but if you can text someone, you can call them. Honestly, if someone never calls you, always only emails or texts, odds are, in my opinion, you're not that high on the list. I WANT to hear my friend's intonations, laughter out loud, etc etc... hell, just the sound of their voice as a sound that is uniquely them, not anyone else... I hope that doesn't sound creepy, but you know what I mean. All email text looks the same, you need to talk to someone on the phone to even have a voice to hear in your head when you read it, otherwise, it all ends up with a thick New York accent. :-) It does in my head.
Point I liked: 'We opt against it because it takes more time and vulnerability.' OMG, how we like to HIDE!!!
Ok, thoughts? Also, I'm thinking about ceasing facebook. Will post that article at a later date.
9.02.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment