9.23.2009

All I wanna do....

Is read more about bees and drink coffee! I have started p90x again and this time am incorporating the strengthening videos as well as the cardio (I am not going by the p90x program as it was laid out obviously). This morning I did the shoulder/biceps video and concentrated hard on form because I often feel that because of bad form, I get tension headaches. Well, either I didn't fix my form or the first time back is just a bitch. I have had a tension headache all day. I tried drinking water and eating, I tried advil, I tried taking a nap at lunch... I've been staying away from the computer (except for now) as much as possible... but all that has made a difference, was drinking coffee. And don't say it's a withdrawal headache, I haven't had coffee regularly for several weeks and only on Monday have I had coffee this week. I'm cleaning up my act. Anyway, point being, headache cured, possibly, by coffee. So of course, now that I can look at a screen again, I'm taking a moment to goof off rather than work.... Just for a minute! Anyway, point being, I read this article in the Stranger about bees. Fascinating! There is so much going on there in that bee colony! So many rules and systems and relationships and we still know very little about it. I want to know more! Sadly, there is no link to more... So, I'll have to do some research on my own, and probably at another time as I should really do some work while my head is not hurting. However, I'd like to leave you with another little connected thought. This morning I read about a guy named Chris Packham who basically wants to give up on the pandas. He says it's pointless to keep pumping money into preserving them when they've backed themselves into an evolutionary corner. I beg to differ Chris. I'd like to submit to the world that we have NO CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON.There are many layers to the bee story as there are, I'm sure, many layers to the panda dilemma. First off, I bet you a million bucks I don't have that the pandas are ONLY in the dilemma they're in because of us and our population explosion. Humans have this nasty habit of accelerating the use of resources past nature's capacity to adapt. Then we go and say it's the pandas' own damn fault cause they backed themselves into an evolutionary dead end?! Please. Once again, let's please humble ourselves a LITTLE bit and try to see ourselves as a PART of the world. If the bees can be super organized and complicated past our understanding, we might wanna consider that we aren't the only 'advanced' creatures hanging out here... And if we're not so special, maybe we should stop elevating ourselves to the level of God, saying we know which creatures are worth preserving and which we should just "pull the plug" on. Jerk. This is mostly a rant so hope you had fun with that.... but here's the link to one of the articles about Chris Packham's comments. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32974370/ns/world_news-world_environment/?GT1=43001)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog