8.05.2006

holding pattern

I'm mapping out the route for Liz and my roadtrip to Colorado (she's going to vet school, I'm taking up room in her car). It will take us 18 hours roughly to drive there and we'll hit Idaho, part of Utah, Wyoming and then drop down into Colorado. I'm trying to fit in some places that might look interesting from the road but so far it seems like a pretty bland drive.

Last night I slept here after Andrew dropped me off (Corvallis). We went to bed at probably 11:30 after trying to organize Liz's stuff some more. She has an Eagle Talon that has VERY LITTLE cargo room so she's whittled down her already small amount of belongings to the bare essentials and I still think we'll have to mail stuff.

Anyway, last night it wasn't that hot but I still couldn't sleep very well. I dreamt about a lot of stuff that's been on my mind the last couple days and I wasn't really surprised by that but then I dreamt that my mom had died. She had died and I had moved back home temporarily to help out and a grief counselor was trying to convince my sister to get really into decorating for Halloween in order to distract her from my mom. Really really sad dream. My dad and I were shaking our heads and wanting the lady to leave but what I remember overall is the horrible feeling thinking about how my life was going to be different now that she was gone. Hopefully tonight I will sleep better and not wake up with a grumpy stomach.

It's also odd to be back in Corvallis and back in the domociles of college students... :-) My parents go to bed at probably an average of 10. Last night people were calling at 11:30 to start MAKING plans for the evening. Everyone's food has initials on it too... I guess I was just struck at how fast I let go of this kind of life. I didn't think it would be that odd being back and it is. Same with a lot lately. Situations and people are surprising me by not being what I've always thought they were, whatever that was, including me.

So, tomorrow we set out for Boise and from there we drive to Green River, Wyoming and after that we only have four hours until Fort Collins... woot! :-) So, if the breaks give out and we die in a horrible fireball explosion, that was our route and we're somewhere along it, our charred remains that is... I'm joking, Liz assures me that the breaks are 10% above what the mechanic thought would be unsafe. Someday I should learn more about cars so that I can form my own opinions.


back to planning... more later maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog