
It's 9 am and I've been up for 2 hours. I didn't go to bed until 3 am. I can sleep when I'm dead.
This picture is a close up of an image of Mary that my mom has on the wall in the room I'm staying in. I've always liked it. She looks so peaceful. The colors are nice too, she's wearing a green dress with red details on a gold background and it just looks very solid. When the light shines on it, like in the picture here, the gold adds some depth to it too. something about it...
When I got up this morning my dad was still here, hadn't left for work yet. He is worried about my mom (which is a whole other story) and kept forgetting things he needed to bike to work. His shirt had stains on it because my mom did a load of laundry with a chapstick in it by accident. Then he found that all the lids for his disani water bottles were gone, probably in the trash with all kinds of gross food stuff. I felt bad for him. I've had mornings like that. I offered him my nalgene for the day or to dig out the lids and clean them off but he was too far gone by then. The point of no return had been reached.
When he got to work he called and said he got a water bottle on the way to work. He expressed how he appreciates my being around and how it helps. My mom's said similar things lately. The thing is, I like being around too. I don't mean I like not having a job or being a lazy bum... but I am really enjoying having the time for the people who matter in life. I'm not saying I want to live with my parents forever, but for now, it's just what I need.

No comments:
Post a Comment