8.11.2010

Heros, Give it to Me Straight.

With the JetBlue guy and the Whiteboard girl and the Chicken McNuggets lady floating around the internet all mere days from each other, it’s made me think a bit about how I interact with people. It is a delicate balance: honesty, tact, etc. For those of us working in customer service (but really anyone, in any job that deals with people at all), there are times when it is entirely appropriate to speak your mind, and other times when you certainly should keep your mouth shut and put on a happy face. I know I keep my mouth shut DAILY, but there have been rare instances when I’ve spoken my mind and been a bit on the rash side… anyone else? Gotta lose it every once in awhile or we turn into volcanoes… and that’s just no good. What would it be like if everyone spoke more bluntly all the time? After awhile it might be refreshing. At first, it would be large violent eruptions as years of bottled rage and frustration broke surface... but eventually it would lead to more mature creative communication of problems and solutions... more respect for people's ability to take the truth....? maybe? one can dream....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog