My dad recently taught me how to make books from scratch. He uses them for sketching. Most of the books he's made fit in his pocket. I was curious how it was done and, having all this unemployed time on my hands, thought this was a perfect opportunity to learn. Several weeks later (project totaled more in hours than weeks) I have a book I made all on my own. I covered it in some extra fabric I had instead of black leather like fabric or book tape and I like how it turned out. It's really not super hard, just TIME CONSUMING!! However, those can be the best kinds of projects. I feel much more accomplished to have finished it.
First you have to cut out pages for your book, fold them in sets and then sew them together using a specific pattern with the thread. This was probably the toughest part. Then, you glue some netting over the binding side to hold it together and start working on the cover. This is where I started to take pictures. The last part only took me an evening to complete.
2.24.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment