2.03.2010

What the hell am I doing here?


Watch this video. The man in it sings one of my favorite Radiohead songs and, though you could say a lot about the video, the show it was filmed on, etc etc etc... what I want to say is this: we've all been there. Life comes at you fast and you do the best you can making decisions and choices and moving forward, but sometimes you look around and wonder, how the hell did I get HERE? How did I miss the signs for that road? Where did I forget to turn? It's not even that you're necessarily miserable either. All I'm saying, and it's not the profound now that I'm here typing it... but that's it, the essential question, isn't it? Why are we here? What the hell am I supposed to be DOING here? Are we meant to be happy? Are we meant to be learning? Are we meant to be achieving? So, I've said that... and I would like to just acknowledge that brilliant moment when you're able to tear yourself free for a moment, disconnect from time for long enough to look around, assess where you've landed so far and say, what the hell?! To whatever end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog